Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Week 21

Guess what this picture means??? Yup I am officially in rubber bands! Super Heavy 6 oz. ones at that! It's in the classic Class II configuration to bring my lower jaw forward, so it goes from my canine to my 1st molar (my back molars don't have brackets yet). Talk about pressure!

They also put a power chain on my upper 6 teeth to close small gaps. It's clear so you can kind of see it in the picture above. I still hate how one of my front teeth is longer than the other but hopefully they will fix that soon. My next adjustment is in 8 weeks! I hope these weeks go by fast.

2 comments:

  1. I had to wear the same rubberband configuration (though not with super heavy's) for three months. Now I only have to wear them to bed.

    All I can tell you is to wear them as much as possible, and drink lots of water! it will go by faster than you think :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Liz Thanks! There is so much pressure on my lower jaw... I can feel my jaw shaking sometimes LOL Should I be relaxing my jaw or bite down regularly so the rubber band is tight?

    ReplyDelete