Monday, October 10, 2011

Week 48

I am coming close to 1 year in braces! Wow, where did the time go?? Time for some updates!


Here is my current alignment. Do my teeth look slanted to you? That's because they are. *grumble grumble* One side is definitely higher than the other, so I hope this is fixed soon. Other than that I'm pretty happy with my teeth. My "fang" is G-O-N-E and my lower teeth have moved down quite a bit, so I'm not biting on my bottom brackets anymore.

Recently, the gum behind my bottom left molar has been swollen and painful :( I've been rinsing my mouth out with salt water the past 24 hours which seemed to help. My guess is that there was food that got stuck in between my molar and gums which caused irritation. I'm hoping it's not anything more serious than that. If it's still like this after a week I may have to take a trip to the dentist :(

There is one thing I have noticed that I wasn't even paying attention to before... my midline!!! It seems my upper teeth have shifted more towards the center (thanks to my elastics!) and my midline isn't SO off anymore! It's funny how I didn't even pay attention to this until now. Also look how much wider my smile is :)

Week 48 midline

Day 1 midline

My next adjustment is in 2 weeks. I'll keep you posted!!

1 comment: