Thursday, April 12, 2012

Week 76 - Adjustment #10

Went to my adjustment today (15 minutes late and I literally RAN out my door lol) and my teeth are "almost there" according to my orthodontist. Good news... I guess? Here's what you've been waiting for... pictures!

Double power chain! Yikes!

They added a double power chain to my top 6 teeth. You can kind of see it in the picture. One chain is underneath my wire on my top 6 teeth and other one is above my wire spanning my entire top teeth. They really want my gaps to close! I do too. Bring on the pain!

Bite still open on right side.

My bite is still open on the right side. My ortho made some kinks in my lower wire to try and fix this issue so we'll see if it works.

Silver power chain on bottom!

In addition to my double power chain on my top teeth, I have my first power chain on my lower teeth! It's in silver. Ugh... I feel like my mouth is full of so many appliances! I'm not sure why I have a power chain on my lower teeth though. Maybe they are trying to prevent gaps from forming from the kinks he made on my wire? Who knows.

Week 76 - Perfect midline!
Day 1 - Original midline

Good news! My midline is basically perfect! I have a green line showing you that my midline matches up finally! When I first had my consultation before I had braces they told me that they wouldn't be able to get my midline perfect without extractions. Looks like they could! This has bothered me for YEARS. And now it's fixed! When compared to how my midline was on Day 1, this is absolutely amazing.

I have also only been confined to wearing my Class II elastics only at night! Yay! I'm so excited about that. I would have preferred I be done with them all together (been over a year in those elastics) but this is better than nothing :) My next adjustment is in 6 weeks!

4 comments:

  1. WOW! Your teeth look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dawn, uhhhmmm. I'm 16 and I have braces for like 8 days now. I'll just ask if your side view profile improved? I think my dentist doesn't know anything about rubberbands lol. Because my friends who also have braces have not tried rubber bands, I guess. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone's treatment is different. Some people get rubber bands much later and some much earlier, and some not at all. Anyways to answer your question yes my profile has improved a lot. I had a very deep bite in the beginning and now my bite is almost perfect.

      Delete