Monday, July 30, 2012

Do you see any movement?

So It's been about 3 1/2 weeks since my last adjustment and I think I see a little bit of movement. My ortho is trying to rotate my teeth so that my lower teeth match up with the grooves of my upper teeth (like gears in a clock).

Here are comparison pictures between Week 88 and Week 91:


Obviously no BIG changes but you can see slight differences. My next adjustment is next week. I hope my ortho sees progress! I've been diligently wearing my elastics everyday. I'm getting impatient lol

3 comments:

  1. I can definitely see a difference in the newest photo. Looking at your upper right canine it is more in the center between your 2 lowers. Also the side of your upper right lateral incisor is more in line with the center of the bracket on your lower right lateral incisor. I hope that makes sense lol, but basically I can see a difference!
    Seeing progress when you're so close to finishing feels good

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am back again and just wanted to ask, in this post were you only in class II elastics on the one side (your right side)? And if so, what is this for? Is/was your ortho trying to shift your upper teeth or the lower teeth? or maybe both?

    On my right side my lowers do not line up with the uppers and line up in the grooves (like you explain in your post here). My lowers need to move forward but my uppers need to stay put otherwise my midline will shift and be off. I am unsure whether these type of elastic (class II on one side) moves both arches or just the lower or just the upper.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally didn't see this comment until now!! My ortho was trying to get my upper and lower teeth to match up by rotating them with my class II elastic. Class II elastics were only on my right side, and my left side was in a triangle configuration because my bite on that side was good. My guess is the triangle configuration kept my bite in place on the left while my teeth moved on the right. I hope I made sense!

      Delete