Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Week 98 - Adjustment #14

I'M BUMMED!!!

Okay, so remember at my last adjustment my ortho told me "Next adjustment will be your final adjustment then you'll have debanding after that." And remember when I said that I'm trying not to keep my hopes up? Good thing I didn't. Well I kind of did, which is why I'm SO disappointed! Anyways, my ortho's reaction when he saw my teeth was "OH! SOOOO CLOSE!" Frick on a stick!


So here are my teeth now! They look good right? Notice anything? No? Well I'll show you.


My orthodontist brought something to my attention. If you look at the picture above, the pink arrow shows how my upper and lower teeth are really close together and my ortho said because of my jaw shape, there's no way for him to bring my lower teeth down and still have my teeth touch. The green arrow shows that my upper lateral incisor is much higher. My ortho is going to try and fix it a little bit, but he asked me "Is the unevenness something you can live with?" *ULTRA MEGA HEAVY SIGH* "Yeah..." If you look at my upper and lower wires, you can see that on the right side of the picture the wires are close together, while on the left side they're far apart! Damn anatomy and bone structure.

I'm totally bummed about this, but if this is how it has to be, then it's what it has to be.


Here is my bite on the right side. Still open! I'm still in the same elastics configuration and my next adjustment is in 3 weeks. I hope these next 3 weeks go well for me.


4 comments:

  1. I found your blg from the forum and I really enjy reading it! I just got my damon braces on about 4 days ago and reading your journey makes me relieved to know there are so many people with braces who know exactly how it feels like wearing braces, the pain yet the excitement! I'm definitely gonna come back and stop by to check on how you're doing! :)

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for reading!! I'm glad I can help those who are going through the exact same thing I'm going through :) Did you take progress pictures yet? Or before pictures? If not, do it ASAP! It's AMAZING comparing my before/day 1 pictures to my pictures now.

      Delete
  2. Just read this post and can see what you are explaining. You mentioned in your comment on my most recent blog post of having the same bite problem on the right side as me... but I've just noticed we also have the same thing going on that you've explained here in this post. On my right side my bite still isn't right, but my right lateral incisor and right canine (more so the canine) sits higher up than the left lateral and canine. The gap between my upper teeth and lower wire is tiny on my left side but bigger on my right and I don't like it but I think we're as far as we can go with my bite!

    It's crazy, we're so close in current treatment time, so close to getting debanded with very similar things going on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so crazy how similar our situation is. At this point, I'm kind of done hoping that he fixes my upper lateral incisor so it comes down more. I just want these braces to be OFF! Lets hope I hear good news next Thursday!

      Delete