Monday, December 3, 2012

Tomorrow's the BIG day!

I GET MY BRACES OFF TOMORROW!!

FINALLY!

I'm excited (read: extremely, absolutely, 100% freaking ecstatic!) and nervous at the same time. I have heard stories of people will braces having white marks on their teeth after they get their braces off. I think I did a good job of cleaning my teeth while in braces, but a part of me is nervous about the stains!

My teeth, IMO, look great. They are very straight, my upper teeth aren't slanted anymore, and my bite feels amazing.
 
12/3/2012 - Last day of braces!
There has always been one thing that has bothered me though, my crooked smile. When I smile, my upper left lip goes higher than my upper right, which exposes my upper left gumline. UGH! In the picture above I'm actually forcing my lip to not do that, but you can see in previous pictures how it looks. That's just a quirky little trait I have that I just can't fix without plastic surgery or botox, so that will just have to stay I guess :(

Hmmm, I wonder what kind of retainers I will get. I hope it's the Essix (clear) Invisalign-type retainers and not the Hawley's or bonded retainers. We'll see!

Ahhhh! 25 hours and counting!

No comments:

Post a Comment