Friday, October 12, 2012

Oh the agony!!

Okay so the title of this post might be a little bit dramatic. I'm not in AGONY per se, but my teeth do hurt! Boy are they sore and I knew they would be once the ortho and assistants put my wires back in my mouth. Eating toast? Forgetaboutit!

My ortho wants to move both my lower and upper right teeth upwards by using wires so he made a few tweaks and bends to them. When the assistant tried to close my brackets she couldn't because the wires are SO thick and the bends in the wires made closing the brackets mighty difficult. She had to use pliers to PUSH the wire into my bracket while trying to close the door! Lots of pressure!! Her exact words were "I don't want to hurt you so let me know if it's too much!" Ahhhhh!

After looking at it for a second she was afraid that the bracket doors will not stay shut on a couple teeth so she put what looks to be ligs around a couple of my lower brackets (see picture) to keep them closed.

Wow, almost 2 years in and I STILL have to go through pain and soreness of teeth. Hopefully this is the last step before debanding.

*On a side note* Can you see my pink powerchain now? The previous pics I took made them look white. I'm loving the color!!! 

2 comments:

  1. crazy how just some bends in your wire can make such a difference, and cause such a disturbance in your teeth! i hope you get a better answer on the debanding at your next visit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously! These bends made my entire mouth sore! I'm doing much better now though and I can eat again lol.

      I am really really really hoping that my next adjustment will be the day they say I'm ready to get my braces off!! *crosses fingers*

      Delete